COVID-19 and The Self-evaluation of the Research Project
After the feedbacks of Memory Studies peer-reviewers, I tried to shorten the general theoretical part about collective memory and militarism; include more spatial and historical data about the cemetery and introduce the notions of banal nationalism and affectivity. A short critic from Egemen Özbek and comprehensive feedback of Burcu Yiğit Turan oriented me towards a more limited and defined reading about the relationship of place-infrastructure-memory. I was trying to connect affect theory with banal nationalism in order to analyze the memory politics of EMC as a part of the greater D-100 infrastructure. I dropped the affect and subjectivity theory from the paper (however there are still short deductions about them). I still want to keep affect theory and subjectivization as a part of my readings, although I can exclude them from my research.
Together with the academic, bureaucratic and health-related problems in Brussels; I decided to finalize my paper about the Edirnekapı Martyrs' Cemetery and send it to the EAHN journal before the outbreak of Covid-19 crisis. I know that there are missing references, unnecessary historical/theoretical background and structural/logical inconsistencies but I can do it so far on my own. That's my personal limit.
My research proposal was a huge one and there were many locations on D-100 which have to be analyzed. However, I started a second project about the J15 Monuments without finishing the first one... I definitely need a colleague or an advisor to work with but I'm not able to do that. I'm planning to return back to Turkey but I'm not sure if I can work in a university. In fact, to be honest, I don't want to work with people who were silent when we were criminalized. I don't find myself also suitable for the architectural design studio.
--------------
Affective Societies: Key Concepts (2019), Jan Slaby&Christian von Scheve (eds.), Routledge
Comments
Post a Comment